Writing our own Christmas song

Do you remember that last year we composed the lyrics to our Christmas song? This year we're repeating the same challenge.

First off, we chose the melody to go with it. We used a song about families in science and the theme was just perfect for our show.
Then, we thought about what makes us happy during the holidays, reviewed science vocabulary and brainstormed together.
After that, we learned how to count syllables and how to measure how many beats there are in music by clapping.
Finally, we chose which parts rhymed and made sense and each group had a part of the song to share.
The new lyrics included are these:

I'll spend my holidays
with my family.
We'll go to the sports centre
and the library.

There'll be presents for me
under the Christmas tree.
I want to share them
with my family.

The premiere of the song will take place in Alcobendas' Townhall next Wednesday, December 11th.We commited to rehearse at home after we wrote down the whole song in English class.

We will also sing it during the school's carols festival. See you there!

Comments